September 13, 2010

Batty for Halloween


I'm trying to get my Halloween cards done early and not wait until the week before! Here's one I made using the Batty For You stamp set. I saw this layout in a Stamp and Scrap magazine and thought the Batty For You set would be perfect for it! I used some retired DSP called Cast A Spell for the background paper. I'm trying to use my retired paper and not hoard it. :) I ran the Perfect Plum paper through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder. I used the scallop edge punch to add a little border to the embossed piece. Then I stamped the 3 images on Whisper White, stamped them again and cut them out. Whew! That was time consuming! I accidently cut off one of the spidey's legs, poor little guy! I glued it back on though - hope you can't tell. I put all 3 cutouts on dimensionals and put them over the stamped image of each. I added the wiggle eyes and like how they look. The Happy Halloween saying is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and punched out with the Modern Label punch. I added a couple black brads to hold it on. Hope you like it. I'm still new to all this photography stuff, so please don't gasp if some of my pictures aren't up to the par of some other blogs. I'm learning and hopefully getting better each time.
Bobbie
Card Recipe All supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted: Stamp Sets: Batty For You, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie; Cardstock: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum, Whisper White; Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Modern Label punch, 1" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing folder, Cast A Spell DSP (retired), Basic Black brads, dimensionals, wiggle eyes (non SU!).

No comments:

Post a Comment