October 28, 2010

Halloween Quilt Cards








Here are a couple Halloween cards I made. I have seen so many of the faux quilt cards that I decided to give it a try. It was really easy and I like how they turned out. It's a great way to use up your scraps or retired paper. To make one you take a piece of Whisper White paper and cut it to 5 x 3 3/4". Then you take a 1 1/4" square punch and punch out 12 squares from your scraps.

Next, you adhere the squares to the whisper white paper. It doesn't matter what you use to adhere the squares just so long as you make sure they are adhered securely. Also, make sure each side of the squares touch each other. If not, there will be white that shows between them. Once all the squares are adhered, run it through your Big Shot with the Top Note Die. Then, adhere the top note quilt to your card base and finish how you'd like. I kept mine simple since they were being mailed. I took my Signo Unibal pen and added faux stitches around each square. I tied a piece of ribbon I had in my stash around it to add a little something. I cut another top note die in whisper white and adhered it to the inside of my card then stamped my sentiment. I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes set for the Happy Halloween. Thanks for looking!


Bobbie









No comments:

Post a Comment